Guide to activities and visits around Fontès and in the Hérault
Located in the heart of Hérault, near Pézenas and the (inactive) volcano Céressou, the Évasion campsite is ideally located to take full advantage of the activities and riches that the region offers.
As for fêtes in Fontès ...
There are many local fêtes organised each year at FONTES.
- La Brasucade mid-July : open air meal of mussels, sausages, this one appeals to young and old in a friendly, warm, festive atmosphere. Dancing usually follows !
- The winegrowers fête (since 2019) - end of July.
- The famous, inescapable Nuit du Rosé in early August, attracts many holidaymakers every year, curious to discover the excellent FONTES wine.
- The village fête in August, spit roast beef brings together hundreds of participants with many events (flea market, wine tasting, pétanque competition ……)
Activities in Fontès
The village of Fontès has many historic monumentsthe Saint-Hyppolyte Church (13th century), the "Font Granda" (large fountain), the "Font Vieilha" (old fountain), the bridge over the Boyne, the war memorial ...
Numerous tours are organised to allow winegrowers to share their know-how and passion for wine.
There is no shortage of hiking trails in Hérault. They will allow you to discover the region and sumptuous landscapes. Among them, we can cite thegarrigue, the volcanic paths, the various routes at Cirque de Mourèze, around the lac de Salagou, Pic de Vissou… And many more!Hiking guide Mountain biking
List of markets
Night markets at Octon and the surrounding villages : discover specialties and local products from the very farmers and craftsmen, every Thursday evening from 6 pm to 8 pm - July and August.
- Monday: Bédarieux (21 miles), Valras-Plage (27 miles), Portiragnes-Plage (22 miles), Cap D’Agde Rochelongue (25 miles)
- Tuesday: Balaruc les Bains (24 miles), Marseillan-Plage (27 miles), Portiragnes-Plage (22 miles)
- Wednesday: Clermont l´Hérault (8 miles), Sète (28 miles), Portiragnes-Plage (22 miles)
- Thursday: Mèze (17 miles), Vendres-Plage (28 miles), Adge (28 miles), Grau D’Agde (28 miles)
- Friday: Balaruc les Bains (24 miles), Montagnac (9 miles), Portiragnes-Plage 22 miles), Valras-Plage (27 miles)
- Saturday: Pézenas (8 miles), Vias (19 miles), Marseillan-Plage (28 miles), Béziers (22 miles)
- Sunday: Mèze (17 miles), Vendres-plage (28), Portiragnes (19 miles), Cap D’Agde-Le Môle (25 miles)
The sandy beaches
Fine sandy beaches are 20 minutes from Fontès where you can relax and/or enjoy water sports.
Canyoning, climbing, via ferrata: for thrill seekers in breathtaking landscapes! At Salasc, 12 miles.
In tandem paragliding flights from Pic de Vissou by CULTUR’AILE tel 06 77 51 84 27.
The town of Pézenas, source of inspiration for Molière who lived and performed there for several years in the 17th century.
Lac de Salagou
There are many activities on and around Lake Salagou: mountain biking, swimming, fishing, family walks, sailing, canoeing, pedalo ... or simply relaxing in the sun and enjoying.
Mourèze, 9 miles from Fontès, is a village well known for its dolomite rock formations. These amazingly shaped rocks have been shaped by atmospheric erosion. This exceptional site welcomes nearly 100,000 walkers a year.